Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ruler Growth Chart

I remember every time I would ask my mom to mark my height. It was in the same spot every time. We had a wall completely dedicated to my sibling's and my hight and I just remember being so excited to see when I was finally going to pass up my big brother so I could be the one in charge for once haha....that never happened. But those little height records on that wall will always bring back great memories. It will always be in that house. So I wanted to do the same with my daughter, but one that I could bring with me to any house we live in so I liked the idea of the ruler growth chart! And I made my own:) 

All you need is a 1x6' wood plank from any hardware store, stain, number stencils and a black paint marker from any craft store. And a ruler would also help to get the measurements right:)

So before anything, you will want to sand the wood to make it smooth. Then stain it (I used the Minwax Golden Oak stain). Then use a pencil to mark the measurements in case you mess up. I made the inch marks and foot marks, and every 3rd inch I would make a little bigger, and every foot would be the biggest mark. And that is pretty much it! You could put a finish on it if you want as well!
So here it is!







No comments:

Post a Comment